Pale Moon is an open source web browser based on Firefox, focusing on efficiency and ease of use, by leaving out unnecessary features and making optimizations, while maintaining compatibility with Firefox extensions and themes.
Pale Moon provides a familiar set of controls and visual feedback similar to previous versions of Firefox, including grouped navigation buttons, a bookmarks toolbar that is enabled by default, tabs next to page content by default, and a functional status bar
- Optimized for modern processors
- Firefox sourced: As safe as Mozilla’s flagship browser
- Supported by a friendly, active community of users
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface (no Australis!)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons) and themes
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled optional code
- Support for SVG, Canvas and downloadable fonts
- Extensive support for HTML5, CSS3 and WebGL
- More customization and configuration options than Firefox
- Able to use existing Firefox profiles with the migration tool
- Automate rendering back-end selection and use cairo as appropriate.
This should fix start-up problems on all types of graphics cards regardless of vendor.
- Fix font subpixel rendering in menus when on cairo backend (D2D off)
- Cairo: Prevent falling back to padding when not strictly needed.
Performance regression fix if D2D isn’t used.
- Azure: Use correct device offsets.
- Prevent crashes due to the allocation of source surfaces to errored surfaces
This prevents some miscellaneous browser crashes occurring with cairo on azure
Install Pale Moon Browser 24.6.2
For 32bit OS
wget sourceforge.net/projects/pm4linux/files/24.6.2/palemoon-24.6.2.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2 tar -xjvf palemoon-24.6.2.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2 sudo rm -rf /opt/palemoon* sudo mv palemoon /opt/palemoon24.6.2 sudo ln -sf /opt/palemoon24.6.2/palemoon /usr/bin/palemoon
For 64bit OS
wget sourceforge.net/projects/pm4linux/files/24.6.2/palemoon-24.6.2.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 tar -xvf palemoon-24.6.2.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 sudo rm -rf /opt/palemoon* sudo mv palemoon /opt/palemoon24.6.2 sudo ln -sf /opt/palemoon24.6.2/palemoon /usr/bin/palemoon
Import Firefox profile like bookmarks, history, extensions, etc
cp -R ~/.mozilla/firefox/* ~/.moonchild\ productions/pale\ moon/comments powered by Disqus