MPV is a free, open source, and cross-platform movie player based on MPlayer and mplayer2. MPV is a fork of mplayer2 and MPlayer. It shares some features with the former projects while introducing many more new features. It supports a wide variety of video file formats, audio and video codecs, and subtitle types.
- Add client API in the form of the libmpv library, which is intended to be a stable API to get some rough control over the player (this is not supported on Mac OS X).
- Add option for approximating BT.709 gamma for the opengl vo (similarly to many programs in the Apple ecosystem).
- Add support for non-BT.709 primaries.
- Add support for BT.2020 colorspace.
- Generate and install zsh completion script (disabled by default since it may interfere with cross-compilation).
- Add support for looping a single file (instead of the whole playlist) with the –loop-file option.
- Add VapourSynth video filter (this has various restrictions, which are listed in the manpage).
- Add support for ReplayGain in the volume audio filter.
- Add a –config-dir option to force config directory.
- Add support for GPU switching on Mac OS X.
- Add support for automatic selection of color profiles on Mac OS X.
- Add support for binding commands to sequences of keys.
- Add support for passing options to Lua scripts with –lua-opts.
- Add some filesystem utility functions to the Lua API.
- Add functions for observing property changes to the Lua API .
- Add support for creating a cache file on the filesystem with –cache-file.
- Add support for window dragging by grabbing with the x11 vo.
- Add option to write file name to watch later file.
- Add support for a “weak” gapless mode, and make it default (the old mode can be enabled with –gapless-audio or –gapless-audio=yes).
- Automatically detect network filesystems on Linux and Windows.
The latest release 0.4.0 comes with lots of changes, bug fixes
[button link=”https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/releases/tag/v0.4.0″ style=”tick” color=”primary”]Change Log for MPV 0.4.0[/button]
For now version 0.4.0 isn’t available in the repository, so will be installing the latest stable update 0.3.11 which was released 12days ago
Install MPV 0.3.11
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:blinxwang/mpv-builds sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install mpvcomments powered by Disqus