- Support for one-shot as well as keep-synchronized setups. Multiple protocols including FTP, SFTP, FTPS and Capistrano. Ability to automatically publish your Ruby & Rails applications to hosting services such as Heroku and Engine Yard.
- Easily put your projects under git source code control. Collaborate with team members thru merge, pull and push actions to remote repositories such those hosted on Github. Facilitates git-based deployments.
- Quickly access a command line terminal for execution of operating system commands and language utilities such as gem, rake, etc
Install Aptana Studio 3
– Click button below and choose ‘Customize Your Download’ to download Linux version
[button link=”http://www.aptana.com/products/studio3/download” color=”primary”]Download Aptana Studio 3.x[/button]
– Install dependencies
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk nodejs
– Unzip downloaded file
– Move folder to /opt
sudo mv/Aptana_Studio_3 /opt
– Create App Launcher for Aptana Studio by first installing gnome-panel if not already done that
sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends gnome-panel
– Next run command below to launch the Create Launcher app. Enter details as follows; for command, browse to location of Aptana Studio which was /opt/Aptana_Studio_3 and select AptanaStudio file. Also click icon to choose the Aptana icon in same location
gnome-desktop-item-edit ~/Desktop/ --create-new
– Launch Aptana from Dashcomments powered by Disqus