SketchUp Make 2014 (Formerly known as Google SketchUp) is a very popular,CAD style appliction, 3D modeling program for applications such as architectural, interior design, civil and mechanical engineering, film, and video game design. It is free but only available on Windows and Mac OSes. In this tutorial, I will show you how to install SketchUp using Wine for Ubuntu user.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when exporting an animation while any Ruby tool was active.
- Fixed an EntityObserver crash in onEraseEntity that could occur if the observer removed itself.
- Fixed a bug in ViewObserver which caused observer methods to not fire properly in certain rare cases. This occurred when an observer was being removed and a new one being added within the same notification loop of another event.
- Fixed an issue where launching SketchUp by double-clicking a skp file on another drive would corrupt $LOAD_PATH and render the Standard Library inaccessible. This bug caused many people to run into plugin loading problems if they were opening files located on drives other than their “C:” drive.
- Fixed a bug on Windows where plugins would not load if the user name contained single quotes.
- Fixed a regression in Face.position_material. Under SketchUp 2014.0.4900 a (caught) exception generated by a failed Face.position_material call appears to cause SketchUp to unwind everything back to the last Model.start_operation.
- Fixed a ruby unicode issue where ruby could not require .so files from unicode paths.
- Added support to SketchUp Mac to load SURubyDebugger.dylib. Developers can now use our debugger on Mac.
- Fixed an issue where the LayersObserver would cause SketchUp to crash when the user would do an undo then a redo
Install SketchUp on Ubuntu 14.04
Step 1: Install latest version of Wine
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wine
– Configure Wine for SketchUp
– First change the Windows Version to Windows 7
– Under Wine Configuration menu, click on Libraries and add ‘riched20’ as a new library. Apply changes
– Download SketchUp
[button link=”http://dl.trimble.com/sketchup/SketchUpMake-en.exe” style=”download” color=”primary”]Download SketchUp 2014[/button]
– Right-click on the exe and click ‘Open with Wine Windows Program Loader‘
– Follow the installation wizard to complete the installation
SketchUp may hang or crash when you try to select a Template. To workaround this, open Sketch 2014 properties menu, in shortcut command, add ‘/DisableRubyAPI’ at the endcomments powered by Disqus