LibreOffice is an open source productivity suite that provides all the necessary office components for small-business, educational and non-profit organizations. It is a fork of the well-known OpenOffice.org application. This is the fifth release of LibreOffice suit from the 4.2 branch of LibreOffice which contains new features and program enhancements. It is the fourth bugfix release, and is suitable for all users.
- The ReferenceOOoMajorMinor version (used for Version checks when installing Extensions) has been updated to 4.1 to align with changes imported from AOO for LibreOffice 4.2.0.
- Saving to old and proprietary OOo/StarOffice fileformats has been removed
- Mac version doesn’t bundle the mediawiki extension
- The distribution for Windows is an international build, so you can choose the user interface language that you prefer.
- Help content is available via an online service, or alternatively as a separate install.
- Our Windows binaries are digitally signed by The Document Foundation.
- For Windows users that have Apache OpenOffice installed, we advise uninstalling that beforehand. The two programs register the same file type associations and will conflict when the Quickstart feature is installed and enabled.
- If you run Linux, the GCJ Java variant has known issues with LibreOffice, we advise to e.g. use OpenJDK instead.
- Some menu entries have changed or added. If you miss something, that may be due to the use of customized menu settings from your previous LibreOffice installation.
- This version still contains a few annoying bugs, as listed here
Install LibreOffice 4.2.4
Step 1: Remove previous version
sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice*
Step 2: Install LibreOffice
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install libreoffice
[button link=”http://www.sysads.co.uk/2014/05/enable-sifr-icon-theme-libreoffice-4-2-x/” color=”primary”]Enable Sifr Icon Theme[/button]comments powered by Disqus