Transmission BitTorrent is a cross-platform BitTorrent client (in GUI, CLI and daemon form). All its incarnations feature a very simple, intuitive interface on top of an efficient, cross-platform back-end. Transmission is an open source application with low memory footprint.
According to the developers:
- Transmission doesn’t bundle toolbars, pop-up ads, flash ads, twitter tools, or anything else.
- It doesn’t hold some feaures back for a payware version.
- Its source code is available for anyone to review.
- They don’t track users, and their website and forums have no third-party ads or analytics
- Uses less CPU than any other GUI client, including some non-GUI clients
- Transmission also has the lowest memory footprint of any major BitTorrent client
Transmission has the features you want from a BitTorrent client: encryption, a web interface, peer exchange, magnet links, DHT, µTP, UPnP and NAT-PMP port forwarding, webseed support, watch directories, tracker editing, global and per-torrent speed limits, and more.
- Uses fewer resources than other clients
- Native Mac, GTK+ and Qt GUI clients
- Daemon ideal for servers, embedded systems, and headless use
- All these can be remote controlled by Web and Terminal clients
- Local Peer Discovery
- Full encryption, DHT, µTP, PEX and Magnet Link support
Install Transmission 2.83
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:transmissionbt/ppa sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install transmissioncomments powered by Disqus