Mutter is a window and compositing manager that displays and manages your desktop via OpenGL. Mutter combines a sophisticated display engine using the Clutter toolkit with solid window-management logic inherited from the Metacity window manager.
While Mutter can be used as a stand-alone, it is primarily intended to be used as the display core of a larger system such as GNOME Shell. For this reason, Mutter is very extensible via plugins, which are used both to add fancy visual effects and to rework the window management behaviors to meet the needs of the environment.
Whats new in this release
- Add basic HiDPI support on wayland
- Fix crash when monitors change during suspend
- Replace mutter-launch with logind integration
- Move window menu into the compositor
- Fix delayed focus-follows-mouse support
- Support fallback app menu in window decorations
- Misc. bug fixes and cleanups
[button link=”https://download.gnome.org/sources/mutter/3.13/mutter-3.13.2.tar.xz” color=”primary”]Download Gnome Mutter 3.13.2[/button]
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3-staging
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mutter
– You can check whats installed and whats available on PPA with following command
apt-cache policy muttercomments powered by Disqus