DraftSight CAD is a free, standalone, professional-grade 2D CAD product for professional CAD users, students and educators to create, edit, view DWG files and AutoCAD DXF files. DraftSight is currently available as a 32bit installer.
The free version of DraftSight now includes:
- Search in Options: With this new feature, simply type in the search box what you are looking for in the Options menu, and you will be provided with the path to the location of the topic in the Options dialog.
- iQuestions Integration: Using the Community tab, log into the DraftSight SwYm community to search and ask questions in the iQuestions section of the community.
- Standard Compliant Drawings
- Quick Group: Use the QuickGroup command to quickly create EntityGroups.
- Mouse Gesture: Now supporting Mouse Gestures for Mac and Linux.
- Improved Performance: Improved Pan and Zoom performance.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to install this on a 64bit Ubuntu 14.04 machine
Step 1: Install i386 Libraries
sudo apt-get install libuuid1:i386 libice6:i386 libsm6:i386 libxt6:i386 libaudio2:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libcanberra-gtk-module:i386 libcanberra-gtk0:i386 libglu1-mesa:i386
Step 2: Download DraftSight Installer
[button link=”http://www.draftsight.com/download-linux-ubuntu” style=”download” color=”primary”]Download DraftSight CAD[/button]
Step 3: Install DraftSight CAD
sudo dpkg -i draftSight.deb
Note: during install, you will be promted to accept License Agreement