LXQt (Qt Port & LXDE) is the first release of the Next Generation Lightweight Desktop Environment. It is the product of the merge between the LXDE-Qt and the Razor-qt projects: A lightweight, modular, blazing-fast and user-friendly desktop environment.
LXQt 0.7.0 brings you a fast and stable desktop environment, already usable in production desktop machines. It is focused on being a Classic Desktop with a modern Look & Feel.
- The inclusion of PCManFM-Qt, the Qt port of LXDE’s desktop and file manager
- An all-new modular architecture, allowing users and maintainers to easily swap out components of the desktop for third party apps
- Several improvements to the system settings along with the inclusion of screens management, keyboard settings and file associations
- Improvements to cursor and appearance settings
- Improved support for systemd-based setups
- Ongoing work on Qt 5 compatibility. Most of our components already build on Qt 5!
- Ongoing work on Wayland support. Some components, including PCManFM-Qt, can run on Wayland if QtWayland is available.
- A new obconf-qt tool, for Openbox users (released separately)
- A new compton-conf tool, for Compton users (released separately)
- Several performance improvements
- Experimental Raspberry Pi support
- Partial FreeBSD support
Install LXQt in Ubuntu 14.04, 13.10
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lubuntu-dev/lubuntu-daily sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gilir/q-project sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get install lxqt-metapackage lxqt-panel
– Restart machine and on login screen, click the Ubuntu icon and select LXQt Desktop and login
comments powered by Disqus