To successfully install Google Earth on Ubuntu 14.04 (64bit), you will need to install the 32bit package and its dependencies. This is due to the required ia32-libs which is deprecated and no longer available in Ubuntu 14.10.
Change log of this version
- The “Enable Controller” option in user preferences is now turned off by default. This prevents red directional arrows from displaying as a result of uncalibrated joysticks and other controllers being connected to Earth at startup.
- For enhanced security, “Use HTTPS for Google connections” is now toggled on by default.
- Fixed a bug whereby the cache size rose above user-specified limits.
- Fixed a crash resulting from searching on some Windows machines.
- Updated the LEAP API to version 1.0.8.
- Reduced LEAP controller sensitivity to user hand motions. This enables a smoother flight and greater control over your flight path when using a LEAP.
- Imagery no longer stays blurry upon zooming in when the cache is full.
- Certain NVIDIA cards, notably the GeForce 6600, 6800 and 7950, no longer suffer corrupted text or navigation controls in DirectX mode.
- Font and tilt settings now stick between sessions.
wget -O google-earth32.deb http://dl.google.com/dl/earth/client/current/google-earth-stable_current_i386.deb sudo dpkg -i google-earth32.deb sudo apt-get -f install rm google-earth32.deb google-earth
sudo apt-get install libc6-i386 libglib2.0-0:i386 libsm6:i386 libglu1-mesa:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libxext6:i386 libxrender1:i386 libx11-6:i386 libfontconfig1:i386 lsb-core wget -O google-earth64.deb http://dl.google.com/dl/earth/client/current/google-earth-stable_current_i386.deb sudo dpkg -i google-earth64.deb sudo rm google-earth64.deb google-earthcomments powered by Disqus