I will be showing us how to install the current version of Nvidia GeForce 331.67 driver in Ubuntu using the PPA which is currently up to date. I have successfully installed this on Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander) and 14.04 (Trusty Tahr)
- Fixed a bug that could lead to crashes when running Left 4 Dead 2 with threaded optimizations enabled.
- Updated the makefile for the NVIDIA kernel module to work around a bug in older versions of GNU Make that prevented the NVIDIA kernel module from building correctly. This bug was fixed in version 3.81 of GNU Make.
- Fixed a bug that causes some X clients to be disconnected from the X server when the screen is resized while RandR 1.4 display offloading is in use.
- Fixed a bug that could cause display corruption when resuming from suspend on systems using RandR 1.4 display offloading with recent Linux kernels.
- Added support for Tridelity SL stereo mode.
- Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-settings to crash or display incorrect information after switching virtual terminals while a color correction confirmation countdown was active.
- Added a missing 32-bit compatibility library for libnvidia-fbc.so to the x86_64 Linux installer package
Step 1: Uninstall previous Nvidia
sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
Step 2: Add PPA to Repository
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa
Step 3: Update and Install Nvidia
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-graphics-drivers-331comments powered by Disqus