Sublime Text is a sophisticated cross-platform text and source code editor, with a Python application programming interface (API). Sublime Text is proprietary software. Its functionality is extendable with plugins. You’ll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance. Sublime Text has a powerful, Python based plugin API. Along with the API, it comes with a built in Python console to interactively experiment in real time.
- Speed. Startup time, file load time, and Replace All have all been significantly improved. If you’re using OS X with a Retina display, then you’ll find huge rendering speed improvements too.
- Symbol Indexing, for Goto Definition and Goto Symbol in Project. Complementing these are the Jump Forward and Jump Back features.
- Improved HTML Editing, including tag and attribute completion as well as automatic tag closing.
- Improved Project and Pane management, including multiple workspaces for a single project.
- Richer API. Plugins are better insulated from the application, and now have a broader and fully threadsafe API to work with.
Steps: Install Sublime Text 2
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/sublime-text-2 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install sublime-text
Steps: Install Sublime Text 3
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/sublime-text-3 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install sublime-textcomments powered by Disqus