Dropbox is a free graphical application that lets users to browse and upload files that are stored on their Dropbox account. The latest stable version of Dropbox is 2.6.20 and was made available on 14th March, 2014.
New in 2.6.20
- Fix a bug where SetupWizard was broken on Linux
- Fix a sometimes crash when the app restarted itself (e.g. unlink)
- Other small fixes
New in 2.6.x
- Dual account support **see note below
- Redesigned Setup Wizard.
- Pause Syncing is now available from the tray popup.
- New Installers for Windows and OS X
- Selective Sync UI significantly more responsive
– Run the following command based on your OS architecture
32bit Ubuntu OS
wget -O - "https://dl-web.dropbox.com/u/17/dropbox-lnx.x86-2.6.20.tar.gz" | tar xzf -
64bit Ubuntu OS
wget -O - "https://dl-web.dropbox.com/u/17/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-2.6.20.tar.gz" | tar xzf -
– Launch dropbox
– Select already have Dropbox account or if you don’t already, then setup a new account
– Enter your login details
– Select either Typical or Advanced and click Install
– Choose either to go through the quick tour or skip
– Click Finish to open Dropbox
Your dropbox should now start syncing your files 🙂comments powered by Disqus