Minecraft is a game about breaking and placing blocks. At first, people built structures to protect against nocturnal monsters, but as the game grew players worked together to create wonderful, imaginative things. It can also be about adventuring with friends or watching the sun rise over a blocky ocean.
I will show you how to install and run MineCraft using the latest Linux Mint 16 Edition.
Step 1: Install OpenJDK
# sudo apt-get update # sud apt-get install openjdk-7-jre
Step 2: Download/Setup MineCraft Jar File
– Download the latest version of MineCraft Executable for Linux/Other. Save the file on your desktop
– Right-click on the jar file and click on Properties. Click on Permissions tab and enable “Allow executing file as a program“
– Click on Open With tab, ensure that you select “OpenJDK java 7 Runtime“
Step 3: Run MineCraft
– Double-click on Minecraft.jar file and wait for it to launch the game
– Login with your account or create one if you have none
– Click on Play Demo to play the Demo version
Hope this was easy to follow and your plays well
Please feel free to share your install experience 🙂comments powered by Disqus