This tutorial is about assign a static IP Address to windows server 2012 before proceeding with the installation of Windows Server 2012 Active Directory Services, we need to assign a static IP Address in preparation for the installation of the Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
In this article it is assumed that you have already pre-installed Windows Server 2012.
– Log onto your newly installed Windows Server 2012, locate the Network Internet Access icon, right-click on it and click “Open Network & Sharing Center”
– Click on change adapter settings
– Right-click on Ethernet and click properties
– Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties
– Select ‘Use the following IP address’, enter the IP address, subnet mask and gateway (if any). Also ensure you enter the IP address of your primary domain controller as the Preferred DNS Server. Click OK and Close to save changes
– To ensure that this server is connected to the network, hover your mouse cursor in the upper right corner of the screen, and then click Start
– You should see the following Start screen
– On your keyboard, type CMD, this should automatically display the Command prompt
– Click on Command Prompt and ping your DNS server IP address. You should get a reply from that address as seen belowcomments powered by Disqus