Skype 1.3 Alpha recently released, comes with it a couple of few improvements and bug fixes to give the app a much needed stable user experience. One notable improvement in this update is the fixing of the logout function from the menu now working consistently.
As commented by a user, this latest update gives you nice sound quality including video calls.
Highlights of Skype 1.3 Alpha Changelog
- Instead of being hidden, the menu items are now disabled when you’re not signed in.
- Logout from the menu works consistently now.
- Fixed the post-install script on all supported distributions.
- Fixed the ‘minimise to tray’ function for Cinnamon.
- URL links that are sent in a chat now open with the browser.
- Fixed the Redo shortcut for Linux (CTRL – Y).
How to Install Skype 1.3 Alpha on Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus), Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf), Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet), Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr)
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget https://repo.skype.com/deb/pool/main/s/skypeforlinux/skypeforlinux_220.127.116.11_amd64.deb sudo gdebi skypeforlinux_18.104.22.168_amd64.debcomments powered by Disqus