Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.6 released this week, is a maintenance release for the stable 1.12.x series and, as such, it delivers an assortment of bug fixes and other improvements over previous releases in this series. In particular, this version includes an important regression fix for non-QWERTY keyboards, and a few fixes for long-standing UI and terrain graphics issues.
Battle For Wesnoth 1.12.6 Changelog
- Legend of Wesmere:
- Fixed recruit lists for AI sides in MP mode.
- Made it so the campaign displays an error and aborts when started with Shuffle Sides enabled in MP mode.
Language and i18n:
- Updated translations: British English, Galician, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, RACV, Russian, Scottish Gaelic, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
- Fixed glitches of river ford transitions.
- GUI1 comboboxes now use the thinner menu frame style.
- Fixed minimap buttons appearing without contents or in the wrong state when the game window is resized, when using debug commands to toggle fog and/or shroud, and probably a lot of other occurrences that are now covered by a proper fix on top of the quick hacks shipped with versions 1.11.16 and 1.12.3.
- Fixed MP lobby games list coming up empty when Invert is checked while Apply Filter is not
- Fixed Observers icon appearing behind other top bar items in MP games on horizontal UI resolutions < 1024
- Fixed ToD schedule progress indicator appearing behind other top bar items on vertical UI resolutions < 600.
Miscellaneous and bug fixes:
- Revert all updates to hot-key handling which broke letter-based short-cuts on non-US keyboard layouts, where characters are in different key locations
- Fix the move-to-targets candidate action of the default AI ignoring tunnels
- Fix two rare bugs in the goto candidate action that resulted in goto moves by other units being skipped after a unit could not get to its goal.
- Fixed possible assertion failures in multiplayer.
- Fixed false positive OOS messages in replay when replaying games from an older Wesnoth version.
- Fixed saving the game during a replay creating corrupt saves
- Fixed unit test compilation against Boost 1.60 and later
Install Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.6 on Ubuntu 16.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vincent-c/wesnoth sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wesnoth