Freeminer 0.4.14.8 recently released, is a multiplayer Minecraft-inspired sandbox game. Freeminer is based on Minetest which is developed by a number of contributors from all over the globe. Unlike Minetest it aims to make the game fun while trading off some bits of perfectionism.
- Walk around, dig and build in an infinite voxel world and craft stuff from raw materials to help you along the way.
- Robust and powerful server-side modding API.
- Multiplayer support for tens of players, via servers hosted by users.
- Almost infinite world and a fairly good map generator (limited to ±31000 blocks in all directions).
- Runs natively on Windows, Linux, OS X and *BSD.
Freeminer 0.4.14.8 changelog
- Stability and speed fixes
- kv lua api: now possible to use any custom db: core.kv_put(‘mykey’, ‘mydata’, ‘mydb’); core.kv_get(‘mykey’, ‘mydb’); ‘mydb’ is optional
- Optional store auth database to leveldb, no huge auth.txt. to enable: auth_kv=1
- Mapgen indev: huge noise based caves
- Auto delete old items by default. push items up from solid blocks
- Player punch move (small move on pvp hit or jump on tnt explode)
- Show servers from local network in online server list.
- Android: allow disable touch interface: touchscreen=0 (from config or settings menu: advanced – freeminer – client)
How to Install Freeminer 0.4.14.8 on Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus
wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add - sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb games" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list' sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install freeminer