Warsow 2.10 which was released early this year, is now available for install via getdeb package. Warsow is set in a futuristic cartoonish world where rocketlauncher-wielding pigs and lasergun-carrying cyberpunks roam the streets. It is a completely free, fast-paced first-person shooter for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
This latest release of Warsow introduces some significant changes to the engine along with some polish and fixes to the gameplay. See details below.
- The first major change is that now the renderer is off-loaded into a separate thread, meaning that your mouse movement and networking is not affected by screen refresh rate anymore.
- The second major change is that third-party maps and textures will now be sandboxed so that they can no longer override stock Warsow assets.
- Path to local profile and cache on *nix systems now changed to better follow the XDG Directory Specification. The profile path has changed from $HOME/.warsow-2.x to either follow $XDG_DATA_HOME or to $HOME/.local/share/warsow-2.x by default. The same logic applies to cache directory as well. This change also affects server configurations.
- And last but not least is the major uplift that the Race game mode has received thanks to hettoo’s efforts.
- As usual, a fair amount of bugfixes along with mapping and modding improvements has gone into the release.
Install Warsow 2.10 on Ubuntu 16.04
wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add - sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb games" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list' sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install warsow