Wildfire Games, an international group of volunteer game developers, has announced the release of “0 A.D. Alpha 20 Timosthenes“, the twentieth alpha version of 0 A.D., a free, open-source game of ancient warfare. This Alpha features 10 new maps, core functionality for a cinematic in-game camera, the ability to share drop sites with your allies, and more!
0 A.D. Alpha 20 Timosthenes changelog
New Gameplay Features in This Release
- New Random Maps: “Ambush”, “Empire“, “Flood”, “Frontier“, “Hell’s Pass“, “Island Stronghold“, “Lions Den” and “Stronghold“.
- New Skirmish maps: A 4-player skirmish map named “Forest Battle” and a 2-player skirmish map named “Golden Island“.
- Use allied drop sites: After researching a technology you can use your ally’s storehouses, farmsteads, docks, CCs, but not Mauryan elephants, to drop off resources your units have gathered. The ally needs to allow it for each drop site, so it can’t be used to “steal” all the resources in the area.
- Murder Holes: Research a technology to let towers attack units standing underneath the tower.
- New technologies for fishing: Research technologies to improve the gathering efficiency of your ships.
- Loot resources that killed enemies carried: Now you will automatically get the resources that were carried by units killed by your armies, in other words: kill wood workers to get wood, farmers to get food, etc. This is in addition to the normal loot you get when killing units.
See release note for full details
Install 0 A.D. Alpha 20 Timosthenes on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install 0ad
Remove 0 A.D. Alpha 20 Timosthenes
sudo apt-get remove 0adcomments powered by Disqus