Adobe Brackets 1.6 recently released, is a lightweight, yet powerful, modern text editor. With focused visual tools and preprocessor support, Brackets is a modern text editor that makes it easy to design in the browser.
Adobe Brackets 1.6 changelog:
- Add flip-view and close buttons to pane-headers by petetnt : In split view, documents now can be closed via the new close button added at the right corners of both the panes. Also, document now can be easily moved into the other pane, using the new flip button.
- Split View (Same Document) by swmitra : Same document can now be opened in both the panes, when in split view.
- Toggle panels and no-Distraction mode by abose : Brackets now has a no-distraction mode which can be enabled using Cmd-Shift-2 shortcut. Once enabled, this mode will hide the toolbar bar panel on the right as well as the project tree. Panels can now be toggled with the shortcut ctrl+shift+~.
- New Flip Buttons have been added to the split panes using which, documents can be moved from one pane to the other.
- An opened document can be removed from working set using the new close Button in the split pane.
- Word wrap now respects the line intents
Install Adobe Brackets 1.6 on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr and derivative systems like Linux Mint 17.x and Elementary OS 0.3 Freya
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/brackets sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install brackets