Philip Müller, Manjaro Development Team recently announced the second release candidate of Manjaro Linux 15.12-rc2 (Capella). This is one of the biggest updates we did so far. Mostly due the C++ 11 ABI change within gcc. With this update, Plasma 4 is been dropped for good. All users of this desktop should either switch over to Plasma 5 or any other maintained desktop, like LXQt.
Manjaro Linux 15.12-rc2 update:
- Now have Plasma 5.5 with all its goodies
- Updated Mesa, LibreOffice 4 and 5 series
- Firefox 43 is using now GTK3
- You might need to check your themes if you have unwanted graphical issues due this change. However we fixed Menda, so you should be fine with that theme.
- Most of the kernels got updated to the latest point release
- Kernel 4.2 gained extended stable support from Canonical
- Bumblebee uses now the group ‘bumblebee’ for the X-Server. Your user should been added to this group automatically
- Wine got its 4th release candidate and is now pretty stable
- Some features of Manjaro-Settings-Manager had been reserved and changed the profile structure of manjaro-tools