Sony recently announced the release of its standalone PlayStation Messages app for Android and iOS. According to developers, PlayStation Messages allows users to see who’s online, but also send messages to friends and favorite groups directly from a mobile device. Also, Sony only mentions the PlayStation 4 among the systems the application is compatible with.
PlayStation Messages will allow you to:
- Check your Friends List to instantly see who’s online and what they’re playing
- Send text messages or voice messages to individual friends or to groups of friends anytime you like
- Upload and share your own photos and swap PlayStation themed stickers
- Search for Friends
PlayStation App will also be updated at the same to coordinate with PlayStation Messages. PlayStation App functionality will continue to support features such as:
- Managing game downloads
- Controlling your PlayStation®4 remotely
- Acting as a second screen to certain titles
According to John Koller, vice president of PlayStation brand marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment America:
We know that Messages is the most used feature of the PlayStation App, so we created the standalone PlayStation Messages app with a more streamlined design in order to get you into your Messages and communicating with your friends faster than ever before.