Krita 2.9.9 recently released, is a robust, fast and flexible painting application that makes creating art from scratch or existing resources a fun and productive experience. This latest release comes with an improved performance when adding empty layers and masks by not updating the image.
Krita 2.9.9 changelog
- Show a message when trying to use the freehand brush tool on a vector layer
- Add a ctrl-m shortcut for calling up the Color Curves filter dialog. Patch by Raghavendra Kamath. Thanks!
- Improve performance by not updating the image when adding empty layers and masks.
Fix typing in the artistic text tool. A regression in 2.9.8 made it impossible to type letters that were also used as
global shortcuts. This is now fixed.
- Don’t crash when opening an ODG file created in inkscape. The files are not displayed correctly, though and we need to figure out what the issue is.
- Fix the gaussian blur filter: another 2.9.8 regression where applying a gaussian blur filter would cause the right and bottom edge to become semi-transparent.
- Fix calculating available memory on OSX. Thanks to René J.V. Bertin for the patch!
- When duplicating layers, duplicate the channel flags so the new layers are alpha locked if the original layers were alpha locked.
- Fix a number of hard to find crashes in the undo system and the compositions docker.
- Another exiv2-related jpeg saving fix.
- Add a new dark pass-through icon.
Install Krita 2.9.9 on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 13 Maya, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Elementary OS 0.2 Luna, Deepin 2014, Peppermint 6, Peppermint 5, LXLE 14.04 and Linux Lite 2
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dimula73/krita sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install krita-2.9 krita-2.9-dbgcomments powered by Disqus