Fotoxx 15.01 which was released late last year, is a free open source Linux program for editing photos or other images and managing a large collection (collection management). Images can be viewed in scrollable pages of thumbnails (variable size) or singly in a large window. Fotoxx supports viewing of RAW camera images (NEF, CR2, etc.), as well as all other image formats, including JPG, PNG, DNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, etc. in both 8 and 16 bits color
Fotoxx 15.01 changelog
- Panorama: better image projection math for more precise stitching.
- Several slider controls were given a log scale for easier and more precise
- control of small changes near the neutral value.
- Reduce Noise: new option: selectively apply to darker image areas.
- Adding and editing plugins was made easier.
- The Plugins menu was moved into the Edit menu.
- Gallery view has a small layout change for improved appearance.
- Gallery popup windows: F11 toggles full screen view, Escape terminates.
- Magnify function: user interface was made more flexible.
- Slide Show: zoom-in limit raised to 3x. Image retains native sharpness.
- Map View: red dots are sized for good visibility at any map scale.
- Bugfix: Printing an edited but unsaved image file printed the original file
Install Fotoxx 15.01 on Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget http://www.kornelix.com/uploads/1/3/0/3/13035936/fotoxx-15.01-i686.deb sudo gdebi fotoxx-15.01-i686.deb
sudo apt-get gdebi wget http://www.kornelix.com/uploads/1/3/0/3/13035936/fotoxx-15.01-x86_64.deb sudo gdebi fotoxx-15.01-x86_64.deb