SeaMonkey 2.31 beta 1 recently released, is an open source, free all-in-one internet application suite. It consists of Internet browser, email & newsgroup client, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools. SeaMonkey is built on the open source Mozilla Gecko engine, the same code which underlies the highly successful siblings Firefox and Thunderbird. Testers are encouraged to get involved in discussing and reporting problems as well as further improving the product.
SeaMonkey 2.31 beta 1 – Mozilla platform changes
- Support for H264 (MP4) is now built in on Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) and newer through native APIs.
- HTTP/2 (draft14) and ALPN have been implemented.
- Added ability to recover from a locked process in the “SeaMonkey is already running” dialog on Windows.
- Added ECDH support for WebCrypto.
- The console.table function has been added to the Error Console.
- CSS transitions start correctly now when started at the same time as changes to display, position, overflow, and similar properties.
- Also see Firefox 34 for Developers.
- Fixed several stability issues.
- Full release details to come soon
Install SeaMonkey 2.31 Beta 1 on Ubuntu 14.04 & Ubuntu 14.10
wget http://download-installer.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.31b1/linux-i686/en-GB/seamonkey-2.31b1.tar.bz2 tar -xvf seamonkey-2.31b1.tar.bz2 cd seamonkey/ ./seamonkeycomments powered by Disqus