Trisquel 7.0 codenamed – Beleno recently released, is a fully free operating system based on GNU/Linux. Trisquel is derived from Ubuntu, but only includes free software. Users may run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve Trisquel (or any part of it). Trisquel comes ready for home and office use. It’s easy to find and install more specialized software. Trisquel Linux comes in following editions:
- Trisquel – for home and personal use; it comes with applications for productivity, entertainment, networking, and more. Runs the GNOME desktop.
- Trisquel Mini – aimed at netbooks and older computers, or for a lightweight and fast experience. Runs the LXDE desktop.
- Trisquel NetInstall – good for servers. The NetInstall version is a small download with a text-based network installer.
Trisquel 7.0 with codename Belenos is based on Ubuntu Trusty, and will have support until 2019. Relevant packages and features include:
- Kernel Linux-libre 3.13 with lowlatency and bfq scheduling
- Custom desktop based on GNOME 3.12 fallback.
- Abrowser 33 as default browser, with simple Tor integration
- GNU IceCat 31 available as single-click optional install from a browser’s homepage. Complete with many extra privacy features.
- Electrum Bitcoin Wallet preinstalled
- Moved to DVD format, now with 50+ languages and extra applications
- Improved accessibility by default
[button href=”http://devel.trisquel.info/makeiso/iso/” style=”flat” size=”medium” color=”#1e73be” hovercolor=”#0066bf” icon=”download”]Download Trisquel Linux 7.0 Images – ISO[/button]