Gambas 3 is a free, full-featured, object language and graphical development environment based on an advanced BASIC interpreter with object extensions, a bit like Visual Basic. Gambas aims at enabling you to make powerful programs easily and quickly. Its architecture is largely inspired by Java. So Gambas is made up of:
- A compiler
- An interpreter
- An archiver
- A scripter
- A development environment
- Many extension components
The latest version 3.5.3 comes with following new features and bug fixes
- NEW: Use the new wiki for the documentation.
- BUG: Write project configuration before making an executable or a source archive, so that their contents is up to date.
- BUG: Don’t freeze when loading an older version of a component project that misses some classes implemented in the newer versions of the component.
- BUG: Fix the analyze of exported classes that override a class from a component.
- BUG: Help on function argument is correct now.
- BUG: Balloon: Fix position on desktop having top and/or left panels.
- BUG: Balloon: Fix arrow drawing
- BUG: Correctly close the standard error output of an ending process if its standard output has already been closed.
- BUG: Fix a possible file descriptor leak when using LOCK.
- BUG: Fix memory leak with Lower$() and Upper$() on some null strings.
- NEW: Recipients now support the “Chuck Norris <firstname.lastname@example.org>” syntax.
- NEW: The “Chuck Norris <email@example.com>” is now supported in the “From” property.
Click here for full change log
[button link=”http://gambasshowcase.org/” style=”info” color=”primary”]Showcase your Gambas3 Project and Learn more[/button]
Install Gambas 3
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:nemh/gambas3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gambas3