AssaultCube 184.108.40.206 is a FREE, multiplayer, first-person shooter game, based on the CUBE engine. It takes place in a realistic environments, with fast, arcade gameplay, it’s addictive and fun! AssaultCube utilizes efficient bandwidth usage, allowing the game to be run with connection speeds as low as 56kbit/s. It can run on older computer hardware as well.
- It’s FREE.
- Source code is available under a zlib-like open source license.
- Low latency, it can even run across a 56Kbps connection!
- Lightweight size, only 40MB to download, plus additional maps average 20KB each!
- With the correct settings, it can run on old hardware (Pentium III and above).
- Officially runs on most major systems, and maybe even some non-major ones?
- Has a built in, in-game map editor to help players create their own maps and allows for
co-operative editmode in realtime with others!
- Features a single-player bot system.
- Supports recording of your game by the “demo” system.
- Contains 12 multiplayer game modes, including: Deathmatch, Survivor, Capture the Flag, Hunt the Flag, Keep the Flag, Pistol Frenzy, Last Swiss Standing & One-Shot One-Kill (plus team versions of these modes).
- Comes pre-packaged with 26 different maps!
- Processor: Intel Pentium III or AMD K7 range.
- GFX: NVIDIA GeForce 256 or ATi Radeon R7000.
- RAM: 192 MB.
- Linux OS – You’ll need to make sure the appropriate OpenGL drivers are installed, plus these libraries (you may already have most of them installed by default):
- OpenAL Soft
Install AssaultCude on Ubuntu
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:unit193/test sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install assaultcube
– Install dependencies for Debian/Ubuntu sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2debian libsdl-image1.2 zlib1g libogg0 libvorbis0a libopenal1 libcurl3 For Redhat/CentOS sudo yum install SDL SDL_image zlib libogg libvorbis openal-soft libcurl – Download Installer or Terminal wget http://netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net/project/actiongame/AssaultCube%20Version%220.127.116.11/AssaultCube_v18.104.22.168.tar.bz2 – Extract Game tar -xvf AssaultCube_v22.214.171.124.tar.bz2 – Run AssaultCube cd AssaultCube_v126.96.36.199 ./assaultcube.sh