This is a quick step by step video tutorial on how to install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) on Oracle VirtualBox Manager v4.3.10. This release came with a number of features and bug fixes between since release 12.04.3
Highlights of Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS (Precise Pangolin):
- There is a new way to quickly search and access menu and indicator actions, called the “HUD” (Heads-Up Display)
- System Settings has several new “options” to customize Unity’s look and behavior
- Nautilus quicklist support has been added to Unity launcher
- Network Manager now uses dnsmasq for improved DNS reliability and support for split-DNS on VPN links
- The default music player has been switched to Rhythmbox,
- LibreOffice has been updated to 3.5.7
- GNOME has been updated to 3.4.2
- Remmina with FreeRDP is the new standard remote desktop client, replacing Vinagre and rdesktop.
- The IcedTea Java plugin is no longer installed as part of the ubuntu-restricted-addons package but it is still available for install
- Upstart has been updated to version 1.5.
- 12.04.4 now ships with newer 3.11 Ubuntu kernel and a matching X.org stack
Download 12.04.4 (Precise Pangolin)
[button link=”http://releases.ubuntu.com/12.04/ubuntu-12.04.4-desktop-i386.iso” style=”download” color=”primary”]Ubuntu 12.04.4 (x86) ISO[/button]
[button link=”http://releases.ubuntu.com/12.04/ubuntu-12.04.4-desktop-amd64.iso” style=”download” color=”primary”]Ubuntu 12.04.4 (AMD64) ISO[/button]